24 Oct How do I make my own pizza dough?
Did you know that every year, more than 30 billion pizzas are consumed worldwide? This round and tasty Italian speciality has conquered the world by adapting to all tastes. It now also exists in sweet versions and can even be eaten for breakfast! Learn how to make the perfect pizza to make it an essential part of your product range.
The ingredients… super easy!
The recipe for pizza dough requires very few ingredients. You will need:
- wheat flour
- dry yeast (3g per 500 to 1000g of flour)
- salt and sugar
To be mixed with water and olive oil.
The secrets of a pizzaiolo
A small amount of yeast and a long proofing time at a cold temperature are key to a good pizza dough. For best results:
- Knead gently and for a short period of time (10 min)to obtain a smooth and stretchy dough.
- Shape the dough into dense, round pieces before putting them in the cold (3 to 6°C) for a slow fermentationof at least 24 hours
- Shaping the dough is all in the action… It just takes a little patience and practice!
- As for cooking, it must be fast and at a high temperature: 3 to 5 min, at 320°C minimum.
A tip for freezing
Your pizza dough will keep for up to 4 months in the freezer: roll out your dough in advance to save time.
The Royal, an undisputed classic
- Top your fresh dough with a tomato coulis cooked with onions and olive oil
- Add oregano, diced ham, mozzarella, mushrooms and olives.
Coconut chicken, a fragrant topping
Give your customers a taste of the unexpected with this recipe:
- browned chicken marinated in coconut milk and curry with ginger-infused lemon juice
- Layer this topping on a bed of tomatoes and put in the oven.